Jamax Forest Solutions - "your forest, our solutions"
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

There’s wood pulp in our food - and we like it
Taking the N out of NIMBY
Humble pine
Rebuilding Vanuatu's forestry
How the internet began

Categories

Good forest management
Good wood
Jamax news
Money really does grow on trees!!

Archives

January 2013
September 2012
August 2012
June 2012

powered by

Dobbo's blog

Wood's good for your health

Recent studies, along with evidence emerging from Europe and Asia, suggest that the use of wood indoors lowers stress reactivity of the sympathetic nervous system. This is associated with lower blood pressure, lower heart-rate, lower psychological stress, lower susceptibility to illness, and a better ability to focus attention.

The reason for this effect is biophilia, the innate attraction of humans to life and life-like processes. Simply being in the built environment produces a low level of stress since urban living is relatively new on an evolutionary scale. Canadians spend 88% of their time indoors, so finding ways to reduce this stress is important. In addition to greater use of natural daylight, access to views of nature, and the introduction of plants, architects and designers are specifying more wood in public spaces.

One recent study that supports this theory was conducted by the University of British Columbia and FPInnovations. For details about this study click here.

9 Comments to Wood's good for your health:

Comments RSS
custom canes on Thursday, 22 May 2014 4:07 PM
Thanks for contributing your important time to post such an interesting & useful collection.It would be knowledgeable & resources are always of great need to everyone. Please keep continue sharing such posts on your blog.
Reply to comment

yoga for weight loss on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 7:28 PM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this Wood's good for your health. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me
Reply to comment

Furniture Suppliers on Friday, 18 July 2014 12:36 AM
I am very amazing to get your website..it is really good ..i always want to know correct information about the subject which i found here..keep sharing more blogs with us..
Reply to comment

Affordable ct scan on Tuesday, 9 September 2014 9:30 AM
Wood's good for your health I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me
Reply to comment

office furniture for sale Miami on Thursday, 9 October 2014 5:56 AM
timber furnishings is a typical think for our lifestyle. It has own design. Wood furnishings can make a reasonable atmosphere in our house or other position. It is little bit expensive but elegance is more essential than cash.
Reply to comment

london reflexology on Saturday, 25 October 2014 10:29 PM
Really it is rare to discover a expert in which you could have several religion. Today, nobody genuinely cares for you concerning demonstrating some others the solution for this dilemma. The way blessed I'm to possess definitely identified a wonderful internet site as that. I prefer this precious information an individual provide as part of your articles. I'm quite guaranteed We'll discover several brand new goods the following! Best of luck for the up coming!
Reply to comment

Recliner for Living Room on Monday, 16 February 2015 7:38 PM
I think we are all to like decorated house. Most of the people are want to do that there house design is good than other and there furniture will be uncommon and well decorated.
Reply to comment

job for freshers on Saturday, 28 February 2015 7:15 PM
I like this blog.
Reply to comment

Jobs in Smart City on Tuesday, 3 March 2015 11:16 PM
this is the best blog i ever seen. I like this blog.
Reply to comment